The PMP® credential is one of the most sought professional credentials for the project management professionals of all industries. The PMP® is one of the most prestigious and recognized certification of the world, offered by Project Management Institute (PMI), USA. This certification is a great way to jump starts your career as a project manager. With a PMP® certificate you can pursue new responsibilities or enhance your current skill-set with valuable management tools and techniques in leading and directing projects and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources. However, earning the PMP® credential takes lots of hard work and study
This PMP® certification exam training course will prepare you for easily passing the exam. In fact, through this course, you will find out exactly what components of your project management background will be tested so you know where to focus your attention during the vital weeks of preparation. You will become familiar with the makeup and format of the exam questions with practice test at end of each chapter as well as 175 questions mock test at the end of this course.
One will practically learn all mentioned tools and techniques by completing a project through this practical training course.
• An instructor-led, small class format (small classes let you ask your teacher more questions)
• An expanded study manual with well-proven preparation methodology
• Gain the skills and knowledge of project management based on the PMBOK® Guide and real-life project management practices
• Know how to use the tools and techniques for managing projects in the real world
• Get 35 contact hours formal education certificate (mandatory qualifying perquisite of the PMP® exam)
• Chapter wise exercise, review quiz and 175 questions mock test at the end of course
• Lots of materials, books and Customized tools to help you study and learn project management
• Faculty hour (before and after class) as well as offline guidance from the instructor
Module 1: Introduction of a Project and Project Management
- Educational, Professional Eligibility and PMP Exam Overview (Question Type and Marking)
- Think like PMI (PMI-ism) while preparing for the exam.
- Purpose of PMBOK and definition of a Project.
- What is Project Management?
- Diverse Project lifecycles, Distinguish between Projects and Operations
- Project Management Framework, Project Stakeholders, Project Team
- Diverse Organization Types with advantage and disadvantages
- Organizational Process Assets and Enterprise Environmental Factors
- PLC Vs. PMLC
- Project Management process groups and Project management knowledge area
- Mapping between Project Management Process Groups and Knowledge Groups
Module 2: Project Initiation and Integration Management
- Short Quiz on Introduction
- Developing Project Charter – Creating Project Charter, High Level Risk, Budget, Constraints, Assumptions, etc.
- Few Important Concepts for the Exam: PV- Present value, FV - Future value, NPV- Net Present Value, ROI - Return of Investment, IRR – Internal Rate of Return, Diverse depreciation types, payback period, BCR – Benefit Cost Ratio)
- Develop PMP - Project Management Plan and subsidiary/child plans
- Direct and Manage Project Work – Directing and managing project executions, creating deliverables and executing CRs
- Monitor and control project work – Monitoring and controlling overall project progress, assessing performance and forecasting.
- Perform integrated change control – Manage and control changes through change/configuration control process
- Close project – Closing a phase or a project
Module 3: Project Scope Management
- Quiz on project integration management
- Plan Scope Management – How will the overall scope and requirements of the project be managed (defined, validated and controlled)
- Collect Requirements – How to collect requirements and create requirements documentation
- Define Scope – How to define scopes from the collected requirements of a project
- Create WBS – Creating a WBS from the defined scope
- Validate Scope – Validate the scopes with the respective stakeholders through deliverables
- Control Scope – Control overall project scope, scope creep, gold plating and preventing unnecessary changes.
Module 4: Project Time Management
- Quiz on Scope management
- Plan Schedule Management – How the schedule of a project will be developed, monitored and controlled.
- Define Activities – Define activities from the lower level of WBS
- Sequence Activities – Determine dependencies and sequence activities
- Estimate Activity Resources – Estimate resources to perform the defined activities
- Estimate Activity Durations – Estimate duration of the activities considering the assigned resources
- Develop Schedule – How to develop a schedule of a project?
- Detailed discussion and practice on diverse estimation and scheduling tools and techniques (PERT, CPM (backward pass, forward pass, lead lag, free float, total float)
- Control Schedule – Controlling a project schedule
Module 5: Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management – How the budget and cost of a project is managed, monitored and controlled
- Cost Estimating & Budgeting – Cost estimation with diverse estimating techniques
- Cost Monitoring & Control – Monitor and control overall project cost, measure performance through earned value management
- Detailed discussion on Earned Value Management (SV, CV, SPI, CPI ; – EAC , ETC) and other formulas (TCPI) to forecast project cost and achieve expected performances
- Practice questions to clear understanding
Module 6: Quality Management
- Quiz on Cost management
- Important Concept, Definitions and definition of quality, Cost of Quality
- Plan Quality Management – Identifying and planning quality requirements for a project and how the project will demonstrate the compliance with the requirements
- Detailed discussion and understanding of the Diverse Quality Standards and Tools
- Perform Quality Assurance – What is quality audit, what does quality assurance mean and relevant tools
- Control Quality – What is quality inspection, what does quality control mean and relevant tools
- Discussion and understanding on difference between quality assurance and quality control
Module 7: HR Management
- Quiz on Quality management
- Plan Human Resource Management – Discuss diverse organization charts, Roles and responsibilities, staffing plan and training plan
- Acquire Project team – Acquiring project team from cross functional teams, vendors, acquire/ensure pre-assigned resources and required experts resources through negotiation.
- Develop Project Team – Training, team building activities, reward recognitions, team performance assessments etc.
- Manage Project Team – Overall project performance appraisals, Leadership styles of a Project Manager, Conflict resolution
- Diverse Motivation Theories
Module 8: Communication Management
- Quiz on HR management
- Plan Communication – How the overall project communication will be mapped, happened, and controlled
- Manage and Control Project Communications: Diverse communication Types / Methods, Communication Channel and Communication Process
Module 9: Risk Management
- Quiz on Communication management
- Plan Risk Management – How risks and issues of the project will be managed
- Identify Risk – Identifying potential risks
- Qualitative Risk Analysis – Analyze the probability and impact of the identified risks and define risk exposer
- Quantitative Risk Analysis – Analyze quantitative values (monetary) of the identified risks
- Plan Risk Response – Plan suitable responses/mitigation strategy against the identify risks
- Control Risk – Monitor the risks, measure performance and exposers, apply reserves etc.
Module 10: Procurement Management
- Quiz on Risk management
- Plan Procurement – How will the procurement of a project be happened? Diverse contract types, make or buy decisions, Procurement SOW, Identify selection criteria
- PTA calculation
- Conduct Procurement – Bidders conference, negotiations, proposal evaluations and Select sellers
- Control Procurement – Evaluate procurement performance, Claims administration etc.
- Close Procurement – Conduct procurement audits, negotiate and settle claims and disputes and close procurement contracts.
Module 11: Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholder – Identify stakeholder and create Stakeholder Register, Identify interest and power of the diverse stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Management – Plan for managing the relevant stakeholders as per the identification and analysis of their interest and influence
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement – Manage engagements and the relevant stakeholder
- Control Stakeholder engagement – Control stakeholder engagement through necessary information distribution and performance reporting
Module 12: Concluding session
- How to apply for the certification exam and sample excel file preparation for experience write up
- Mock Exam
Persons interested in knowing about PMI project management standard, PMP® Certification, Project team members, project managers, PMO staffs, Project Management staffs of all organization types who want to manage projects properly.
01811449483 for details & seat confirmation.