BITM And LEADS Training & Consulting Ltd jointly Organize this training.
This project-oriented course will enable students to use various techniques for building browser-based applications for dynamically generated websites, e-commerce, web-enabled enterprise computing, and other applications that require web access to server-based resources. Particular attention will be paid to methods for making web-based applications efficient, maintainable, and flexible. The course will use at least two sets of tools: servlets/JSP and a higher-level Java-based framework such as JSF 2.0. Major topics will include handling HTTP request information, generating HTTP response data, tracking sessions, designing custom tag libraries or components, page templating, asynchronously page updates with Ajax, and separating content from presentation through use of the MVC architecture. Additional topics may include HTML5, database access techniques for web apps, web app security, and dependency injection in web apps (e.g., with the Spring framework).
An Introduction to Web Applications
- The three approaches: Servlet/JSP, JSF and Spring.
- An introduction to servlet/JSP web development.
- Software for developing Java web applications.
- Web application patterns.
- Activity: A servlet/JSP Application using MVC (includes HTML/CSS, servlet, classes, XML files and JSP).
- Brief introduction to NetBeans.
- Creating JSP projects using NetBeans.
- Working with HTML.
- Working with CSS.
- Creating HTML forms.
- Creating and mapping a servlet.
- Requesting a servlet.
- Servlet skills.
- Validating data.
- The web.xml file.
- Working with servlet errors.
- Session tracking.
- URL rewriting and hidden fields.
- Activity: Download Application
- An introduction to JSP Expression Language.
- Essential skills for working with EL.
- Additional EL skills.
- Working with the JSTL core library.
- Activity: Cart Application
- Creating a custom tag.
- Scripting variables.
- Classes, methods and fields for working with custom tags.
- MySQL Workbench.
- Creating a Database.
- Manipulating Data.
- Working with JDBC.
- Activity: SQL Gateway Application.
- Connection Pooling.
- Activity: Email List Application.
- Introduction to JPA.
- Coding JPA entities.
- Retrieving data.
- Modifying data.
- A complete JPA class.
To master the web programming techniques, with an emphasis on HTML, JSP, Servlets and Java Frameworks
- Define the scope of variables
- Define the structure of a Java class
- Create executable Java applications with a main method
- Import other Java packages to make them accessible in your code.
Basic Java Knowledge Required.
01844051991 for details & seat confirmation